Setting Up to Connect & Play
1) Download, Install & Patch Ultima Online
The first step is to download and install the game, and allow it to patch. We are keeping up with UO's latest patches so don't worry about this step too much.
- Go to https://uo.com/client-download/
- Download and Install "Classic Client"
- Run game (UO.exe) and allow patching to complete
- When patch is complete, close UO.exe
- Delete "Ultima Online Class Client" shortcut from your desktop... we won't be needing it anymore
2) Download Our Custom UO Files
After Ultima Online has been patched to the latest default files, you will now need to overwrite some of them with our custom files. This will allow you to see our new maps, animations, artwork and other customized items.
- OUR CUSTOM FILES
- Dowload all files at the above link and place them into your UO install directory, replacing the old files
- If file is an archive, download, extract and move contained files into UO install directory, replacing the old files
3) Download & Install Orion UO Client
Orion Client is an alternative, open-source client for Ultima Online. It is written in C++ and OpenGL for GPU based graphics rendering. We are currently testing this new and improved client and we believe that it is superior to the default client and recommended its use!
- Download & Install Orion Launcher
- Run Orion Launcher as Administrator
- Must run as administrator or Windows may not allow Orion place its files in your UO directory
- Navigate to your Ultima Online game directory & click "Select Folder"
- Click "Check new versions", then "Apply updates", then press "Yes"
- Navigate to the "Accounts" tab & press "Configure client version"
- In the "Client Version" box, please enter 188.8.131.52
- Leaving all other options alone, press "Create Config"
- Press "OK" & close the configuration editor
- Back in the "Accounts" tab, navigate to the "Editor" section
- Fill in the boxes as follows, using your game server account name and password, then click "Add new"
- Go back to the "Launcher" section & check the boxes as pictured below
- Click "Launch"
- Have fun!